If you have recently made the switch to document scanning, congratulations! You will now save a lot of time, money, and storage space within your business. Additionally, it will now be easier to view and share files throughout your network. Now that you’ve invested in document scanning, you may be wondering how it works. It may seem like an intimidating process, but it is actually much easier than you think. Here ‘s how document scanning works.
- Pick Your Type – There are two methods to extracting your data from your documents. You can either document capture or data capture, or in some instances you’ll use both. Document capture digitizes an image of the document. Data capture extracts specific information from a document and will autofill into a form.
- Prep Your Documents – Before you begin scanning, you’ll want to prep your documents. This includes removing paperclips, staples, and anything else that might cause a paper jam during the scanning process.
- Capture – You can capture your documents a number of ways. You can capture via fax, camera, copier (using scanning function), and scanner.
- Imaging – If you need to keep an image copy of your document, you will then save your file to your preferred format such as, JPEG, TIFF, PDF, GIF.
- Forms Processing – This step is for extracting data from the document scanned. This is where you will fill out any forms from the gathered information.
- Index – Finally, you will index or archive your documents so you can find them again. Have a specific digital filing system just like you would a physical paper system.
Overall, document scanning may be lengthy at first, but will seem simple over time. If you have any questions regarding document scanning and the services we provide, please contact us today at Paperless Digital Solutions.